Oxygen is taken into the body through the lungs and then transported through a net work of blood vessels to the muscles. As exercise increases, so does the pressure on these two systems, which becomes even greater when the horse is asked to run at high speeds or jump obstacles. Bleader Gard Powder helps to support these vital structures and should be fed daily for horses in strenuous training and competition and ‘topped up’ on the day of competition with Bleader Gard Paste. Additionally, emotional stress or excitement increases pressure on the circulatory and respiratory system. In these cases, follow up Equine America Bleader Gard Powder with Equine America Mojo Paste prior to competition.
- Bleader Gard® Powder will not contravene current Jockey Club or FEI rules. However, we advise that individual competition rulings are checked in respect of the permitted administration at the event.
Why should you feed Bleader Gard Powder?
- To protect the vital respiratory and circulatory systems during hard, fast work.
- Feed to all horses in high levels of training.
- To those with, or at risk of Exercise-Induced Pulmonary Hemorrhage (EIPH) or Equine Bleeding.
- Feed Bleader Gard Paste or Mojo Paste prior to competition as a ‘top-up’ to the powder for maximum support.
How does it work?
The Arnica montana and Cinchona officinalis in Bleader Gard Powder reduce pressure on the circulatory system and support the delicate respiratory tissues to lower the risk of EIPH/Equine Bleeding.
Without Bleader Gard Powder performance can be greatly reduced.