All horses and ponies lose body salts during hard work, travelling and exercise. Remember to give electrolytes to all equine athletes when they sweat from Pony Club to Grand Prix, from hunting to racing.
- When horses sweat they lose many vitial nutrients at an alarming rate
- These body salts are essential in an array of body processes heart, kidneys and stomach
- Electrolytes salts balance the body fluids controlling water levels and intake
When to use:
When your horse is in work sweating heavily, be CAREFUL some horses do not show visible signs of sweating but they will still need electrolytes!
- Dry of colour coat
- No energy or spark
- Dark or cloudy coloured urine
- Look for a combination of sodium chloride, potassium, chloride and calcium chloride
- Avoid products that are majority fillers like dextrose, sugar or clay