What is litovet for horses?
A unique, patented feed supplement for equine joint health. LITOVET® is made from the specially cultivatedrosehip Rosa canina containing high levels of the active ingredient GOPO® (glycoside of mono and diglycerol), which is scientifically documented to help maintain joint mobility in humans and horses.
- GOPO® is scientifically documented to help maintain supple, healthy joints and joint tissues
- LITOVET® is rich in antioxidants and contains several minerals and vitamins beneficial to horses, including high levels of vitamin C – essential for formation and maintenance of connective tissues – including joint cartilage, tendons, ligaments and bone
- 100% natural
- No known side effects
- LITOVET® is tested for absence of the prohibitive substances: caffeine, theobromine, theophylline, hyoscine, hordenine, atropine and morphine as defined by the BHA and the FEI
- Suitable for all ages and types of horses and ponies
What are the benefits of GOPO®?
GOPO® is one of the beneficial active ingredients in LITOVET®. Scientists have documented the striking supportive effects of GOPO® in humans for several years. Now similar studies on horses fed LITOVET®, containing high levels of GOPO®, suggest it has a similar supportive effect in horses.
- Suppleness after exercise and willingness to work were just some of the positive results from research on over 70 horses at Charlottenlund Travbane, a Danish trotting track
- litovet for horses can also support increased vitamin C status in horses by up to 40%. Vitamin C is essential for the formation and maintenance of connective tissues – including joint cartilage, tendons, ligaments and bone
- GOPO® and the unique process used in the manufacture of LITOVET® are both protected by patents
- If you are using another supplement containing rosehip extract that does not contain certified levels of GOPO® then it has not been shown to help maintain joint mobility