Wash-in cleaner for all horse rugs that safely revitalises insulation and water repellency.
If a breathable waterproof rug loses its water repellency, it will suffer a severe reduction in its ability to breathe. This will lead to a build up of condensation on the inside of the rug so the horse will become clammy, cold and uncomfortable. Always use Nikwax® Rug Wash for cleaning breathable waterproof horse rugs such as those made by Rambo.
Benefits of using Nikwax® Rug Wash:
- It prolongs the life of horse rugs and optimises performance
- It maintains breathability
- It maintains original water-repellency
- It’s easy to apply – can be used in a domestic or commerical washing machine
- Suitable for use on all rugs – including those with breathable membranes
- It lifts out dirt that can attract water and mask water repellent finishes
- Unlike detergents, it does not leave behind water attractive residues which encourage ‘wetting-out’
- It will remove detergent residues left behind by previous washes
- WaterBased – environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non-flammable, non-hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
- All equestrian horse rugs including high activity and technically advanced rugs
- Recommended for use on Rambo rugs
When to use Nikwax® Rug Wash:
Always apply Nikwax® Rug Wash to new or used horse rugs to keep items in perfect condition. We recommend you clean items with Nikwax® Rug Wash before proofing them with Nikwax® Rug Proof.
You should be able to wash reproofed rugs frequently. Re-proof rugs with Nikwax® at least once a year.