TopSpec® All-in-One (formerly Comprehensive) is the outstanding multi-supplement that we put into TopSpec® Comprehensive Feed Balancer (therefore they should not be fed together).
TopSpec® All-in-One is a caramel flavoured, granular supplement that contains a top specification broadspectrum supplement plus many specialised supplements, for example, a superb hoof supplement, generous levels of anti-oxidants and sophisticated digestive aids.
This means that it is the most fully-comprehensive supplement you can buy and it can successfully be fed to every horse or pony on your yard.
TopSpec® All-in-One supplement has been designed to supplement the rations of all horses and ponies simply by adjusting the rate at which it is fed and the products it is fed with. Because it contains insignificant calories it is one of the products that we would recommend for good-doers. As it is a powder it must be mixed with at least a double handful of appropriate chaff. Sometimes good-doers are also fussy feeders that dislike granular or powdered supplements, for them we would recommend TopSpec® AntiLam a pelleted multi-supplement with similar micronutrient content to TopSpec® All-in-One Supplement.
We believe TopSpec® All-in-One is the only supplement on the market that contains all of the following features:
- A fully comprehensive range of micronutrients included at the optimum levels needed to balance feed intake in the most demanding or stressful situations
- Effective levels of biotin (15 mg/500 kg horse/day), which, in association with the methionine, lysine, calcium, zinc, copper, iodine and vitamin A present, will greatly improve hoof quality. Certain of these nutrients also promote supple skin and a very shiny coat
- Powerful levels of vitamin E and selenium, vital antioxidants, important for muscle metabolism, for horses on high oil rations and for breeding stock
- Methionine and lysine plus minerals, vitamins and trace-elements for optimum muscle and bone development and repair
- Raised levels of copper, zinc and B vitamins and considered levels of iron, important for blood-building
- Effective levels of calcium, phosphorous, copper and zinc to help develop and maintain strong bone
- Generous levels of B vitamins, vital for efficient energy metabolism in the high performance horse, and important for horses with compromised hindgut function
- Two yeast products to create a healthy gut environment, improve fibre digestibility and digestive efficiency plus maintain a healthy immune system:
- A pure, protected yeast. Research has shown that this excellent new form of yeast can significantly improve fibre digestibility in the horse. This allows horses to gain more benefit from the fibrous parts of their diet
- A mannan oligosaccharide (MOS). This is a natural component of yeast cell walls. It bonds with pathogenic (bad) bacteria, removing them from the gut, leaving the beneficial bacteria free to multiply
Another way of considering this is that if a horse is fed TopSpec® All-in-One supplement (or TopSpec® Comprehensive Feed Balancer) and a typical UK forage-based diet he does not need to be fed any of the following:
- A broad-spectrum (sometimes called general purpose) supplement
- A hoof supplement
- Additional anti-oxidants (except in very rare circumstances)
- Additional essential amino acids e.g. methionine and lysine
- A blood tonic
- A supplement designed to improve bone growth
- A B-vitamin supplement
- Digestive aids such as yeast and MOS (mannan oligosaccharides)
TopSpec® All-in-One supplement is a suitable supplement for horses and ponies prone to, being treated for, or recovering from laminitis. However we would normally recommend the palatable and pelleted TopSpec® AntiLam.