As a result of the environment, work and the feeding regimes that domestic horses are exposed to, the stomach can become irritated and sensitivities can occur. This results in a loss of condition and performance. Uls-Gard contains ingredients to soothe and coat the stomach providing support against these stresses. ULS-GARD should be given to all competition horses and those on high concentrate diets, with every feed.
- Does not contravene with current Jockey Club or FEI rules
- Can continue to be fed whilst the horse is competing
- Can also be used for foals
When should you feed ULS-GARD?
- Daily to any horse
- On a high grain diet
- In high levels of work
- Showing signs of ulceration – dull coat, loss of weight and condition, yawning or gulping, or reluctance to eat hard feed
- During or after use of NSAID e.g. bute
How does it work?
ULS-GARD works in four ways:
- By neutralising acid in the stomach with effective anti-acids
- Soothing and coating the stomach lining
- Healing any underlying ulcers
- Firming stools
ULS-GARD was found to be the most effective and affordable alternative to Gastrogard by The Horse Journal.